A multi-generational family business, Granted produces Canadian heritage sweaters, hand knitted by selected skilled artisans in Vancouver. Each of these unique, high quality garments takes anywhere from 20-25 hours to make, and will literally provide you with a lifetime of coziness.
The concept of this one is to celebrate a British Columbia icon (the Spirit Bear; the official mammal of B.C.) while also giving a nod to diversity and how it makes this province a better place.
The yin and yang on the back of the sweater features a white Kermode (Spirit) Bear, along with its Black Bear sibling. As we explained in a recent episode of our BC Was Awesome history TV show, the rare Kermode was instrumental in saving the Great Bear Rainforest from logging in the early 1990s.
As Brian Hirano from Granted says, "There is a lot we can learn from bears. They don't care what colour they are and live and hunt side by side, we [humans] are the same animal and - like them - I believe we can live in harmony."
There are currently only 200-400 of these bears alive today, and partial proceeds from the sale of this sweater will go towards ensuring their long-term survival; we're donating 10% of the profits to Pacific Wild, a charity which works to protect wildlife and their habitat in the Great Bear Rainforest.
QUICK PRODUCT DETAILS:
- 2 versions available: grey tones or earth tones
- 100% pure new wool, sourced in Canada.
- Canadian made YKK zippers.
- Hand knit by local skilled artisans, taking anywhere from 20-25 hours to knit up one sweater.
- Hand wash in cold water or professional dry clean only.
Both models are wearing size Medium. Sam (F) is 5’7, 125lbs. Adrian (M) is 5’8, 175lbs.
Use the size chart below as reference. Take an outerwear jacket that fits you well and lay it flat on a table as seen in the photos below. Find a tape measure and note the following measurements:
A (BODY LENGTH) - measure from highest point of shoulder (hps) to bottom hem
B (CHEST) - go two inches below armpit and then measure across
C (SLEEVE LENGTH) - measure from centre back collar to sleeve cuff edge
- Because each sweater is knit by hand, finished measurements may vary slightly.
- The measurements listed are actual sweater measurements and NOT body measurements.
- Size chart reflects true to size for men but for women, go one size down than your usual size.
- If you're still unsure of your size, email email@example.com or phone Granted at 604-207-9392, and they'll be more than happy to assist you. Usually height and weight will help them determine a size.